LOCKED IN (2017)
Award-Winning Short Film
The journey of a couple: their arrest and time in a detention centre waiting for an uncertain future. Inside British cell, their trauma from the past incarceration in their home country foreshadows the hardships they may expect if sent back. With the clock ticking, where does their future lie?
Producer/Wrter/Co-Director: Nadira Murray
Director: Pavel Shepan
DOP: Steve Cardno
Editor: Rebecca Lloyd
Cast: Esztella Levko, Uriel Emil
- Aesthetica, Short Film Festival, UK, 2018 [BAFTA & OSCAR qualified Festival]
- 34th IINTERFILM International Short Film Festival, Berlin 2018 [BAFTA & OSCAR qualified Festival]
- 21st LA Shorts International Film Festival, Hollywood, 2017 [BAFTA & OSCAR qualified Festival]
- 23rd Sacramento International Film Festival, USA 2018
- Nepal Human Rights International Film Festival, 2018
- Rajasthan International Film Festival, India, 2018 WINNER Best International Short Film; Best Director For International Short Film
- Blueprint Official Selection, in Association Glasgow Short Film Festival, 2018
- ISFFB (International Short Film Festival Bengaluru) WINNER International Top 1
- London Independent Film Awards, 2017 Grand Jury Award Best Short Film.
- Euro Shorts International Film Festival, UK 2017
- Montaż Film Festiwal, Poland, 2017
Award-Winning Short Film
No dialogues, based on a concept of hyperrealism, this 8 min experimental film explores anxiety of self-discovering in coming of age, and stress from fear.
Teen Angela escapes to the bathroom of a nigth club to refresh herself away from the crowd. She fears for her life when she hears ‘gun shots’ and ‘crowd screams’ ; or is her anxiety playing tricks?
Writer/Director: Nadira Murray
Producers: Matt William, Nadira Murray
Cinematographer: Alex Bokhari
Editor: Matt Williams
Cast: Ash Hogg, Sarah Schlesinger, Kari Hall
- 10th Paris Art and Movie Awards, France – Nominated for the Best Visual Arts in Motion/Experimental, 2020
- 23rd Brooklyn Film Festival, 2020 [Canadian Screen Awards qualified].
- 6th Interntaiona New York Short Film Festival.
- 18th London Independent Film Festival – 2020 – WINNER – Best Experimental Short.
- 6th San Antonio Independent Film Festival, Equador – 2020.
- 24th LAShorts International Film Festival – 2019 [OSCAR & BAFTA qualified].
- 4th Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival – 2019 – AWARD WINNER – Best Experimental Short
Based on real life events and characters, this 100 min Feature Film is currently in Post Production, will be released in September 2020
Sales Agent: Arthood Entertaiment
Nine year old Afghani boy Yahya lives a life of poverty in a tiny provincial Iranian town. He spends his afterschool time working at a waste dump, searching for valuable materials among the trash piles and selling them back to the dump owner, while his nights are filled with devotedly watching movies.
One day on his way to work he and his best friend Leyla stumble upon a surprising item: a shiny golden statue of a man. The children decide to protect their amazing discovery at all costs and embark on a journey to figure out its true value. Meanwhile, Yahya’s love for cinema leads him to the revelation that the statue wasn’t the only treasure hidden deep within his small junk- hidden town. As Yahya soon discovers, not only precious objects might end up hiding in a waste dump, but precious people too.
Producer: Nadira Murray; Co-Producer: Paul Welsh;
Executive Producer: Screen Scotland;
Location Producer: Mohsen Mosaferchi
Writer & Director: Hassan Nazer
Cinematographer: Arash Seyfii
Cast: Reza Naji, Hosein Abedini, Parsa Maghami, Heliya Mohammadkhani
THE CHECK POST (2020)
A Feature Film
Baes on a true story, this 90 min Hindi Art-House Feature Film is in Post Production in India, being produced by the local Producers.
A childless couple want to adopt the sweet seven year old Krishna who sells peanuts in the streets. But for Krishna the most important thing is to make money to find her lost mother. When a couple offer to adopt Krishna in exchange for finding her real mother, fate might have a different path for Krishna.
Field Producer: Nadira Murray
Field Director: Hassan Nazer
Written and Produced by: Priyarajan Sahoo
Cast: Priyaranjan Sahoo, Aishwarya Mishra, Mohammad Babulu,